Leaving the corporate world to start your own business can be daunting enough. But choosing to embark on a new career in the high-growth, fast-paced and innovation-driven technology startup scene is a whole other ball game. For many, it’s exciting and every day is a learning curve with new opportunities to grow or pivot your Read More…
Square launches one-shop-stop for SMBs seeking countertop payment solutions
Tue 20 June 2017 - 12:00 pmCashflow | Featured | Small Business
To save business owners the hassle of having to source over-the-counter payment solutions from multiple vendors, Square has launched an online, one-stop shop offering a suite of third-party point-of-sale (POS) hardware and accessories.
According to the global payment tech company, products available through the online store are compatible with its ecosystem of tools, including the Square POS App and Square Contactless + Chip Reader and have been designed to give businesses flexibility in how they set up their countertop.
Each item of third-party hardware can be connected quickly and easily via Bluetooth or Ethernet, enabling simple setup of receipt printers and cash drawers. The store also offers cases that enable business owners to affix their Square Reader to your iPhone, and POS stands to secure your tablet right to the countertop. As part of the offering, Square is providing business owners free shipping to anywhere in Australia and will prioritise best-in-market pricing.
According to Square Country Manager, Ben Pfisterer, the online Square shop was envisioned as a solution to a pain point for many businesses; namely, the time and money associated with sourcing and integrating hardware, software and payments services from multiple providers.
“Square has always been committed to making business as simple and streamlined as possible for owners and entrepreneurs,” he said.
“By visiting the online Square shop, they can now save time and money, picking up everything they need for a fully integrated countertop from the one place. Whether you’re starting a new business or looking to refresh your existing hardware, running a fully integrated POS on your countertop is a must for business owners. This integration is priceless when it comes to avoiding the hassle of trying to make your cash drawer, receipt printer and barcode scanner all work seamlessly.”
The following items of hardware can be purchased visa Square’s online store at launch:
- Cash drawers powered by Ethernet-interface receipt printers and that when connected pop open for cash sales.
- Ethernet and Bluetooth receipt printers that are compatible with a wide range of tablets and which complement Square’s digital receipt feature.
- Studio Proper iPad stands, which enable customer-facing businesses to pivot a tablet with Square’s POS app so that customers can easily enter their PIN.
- OtterBox Reader Cases, which enable users to mount their Square Reader for contactless and chip directly to their compatible iPhone, so you’re always ready and able to accept payments wherever your business takes you. If you’re running your POS from an iPad mini, never fear. The sleek L7 iPad mini case enables you to affix the same reader to your device.
Square has noted that businesses that purchase products through the store before 1 July 2017 can take advantage of the Australian Government’s $20,000 instant asset write-off
- July 30 2020 Startup investment continues to rise in 2020
- July 29 2020 Let’s talk: Technology and business
- July 28 2020 Founding a startup during a pandemic: Advice from UNSW founders
- July 23 2020 Collaboration marketing: A great option for covid-affected budgets?