Age is the greatest barrier to opportunities at work, according to findings in LinkedIn’s 2020 Opportunity Index. The report sought to understand how people perceive employment opportunities and the gaps in achieving those opportunities. Baby Boomers are the most likely to perceive age as a barrier, with almost half of Baby Boomers concerned about age, followed Read More…
Commonwealth Bank kicks off location-based Facebook giveaway
Tue 16 August 2011 - 7:45 amMarketing | News
The Commonwealth Bank has employed Facebook’s location-based marketing expertise to give away a year’s worth of free movie tickets to anyone who opens an Everyday Account with the bank after “checking in.”
To win a double pass to the movies each month for a year, follow these steps:
- Go to a Commonwealth Bank branch and check in using Facebook Places during branch hours on your compatible smartphone. You will be prompted to accept this great movie voucher deal. Press ‘Check in to claim’.
- Then, present your smartphone screen within three hours to the Commonwealth Bank branch staff and open a new Everyday Account.
- Finally, use your new Debit MasterCard or Keycard to make a purchase overseas, online or in-store within 30 days.
You’ll then be awarded with a double Events movie pass every month for 12 months, provided you keep your account active for the entire period.
Commonwealth Bank is the first Australian Bank to participate in Facebook’s Check In Deals, which launched yesterday and allows users to Check in on Facebook on their mobile and see special deals from nearby businesses.
Commonwealth Bank General Manager of Consumer Marketing Mark Murray believes opportunities like this are a sign of what’s to come in location marketing.
“The Commonwealth Bank is Australia’s most dynamic and innovative bank, we see this as an exciting opportunity to reward customers. People already connect with each other through Facebook Places and this is an extension of that, allowing customers to connect with our branches.”
The offer, worth over $430, is only available to the first 2,200 people who check in to a Commonwealth Bank Branch and open an account while there before 15 September 2011.
For further details visit http://www.commbank.com.au/facebookmovieoffer
- February 17 2020 Telstra and Rio Tinto move to 20 day payment terms for small businesses
- February 13 2020 Fintech company ezyCollect raises $7.1 million investment over 15 months
- February 12 2020 Salary increases shrink nationally despite increase in pay rise requests
- February 11 2020 Neobank growth in Aus ‘a little terrifying’