Expanding internationally always has risks but developing a business during a global pandemic is not usually a central part of a risk management strategy. The global nature of the COVID-19 outbreak has given international businesses an unprecedented challenge, one that requires diversification and resilience. Here are a few ways you can mitigate the pandemic risk Read More…
Getting clear on STP and making it easy: ATO Assistant Commissioner, Jason Lucchese, explains all
Wed 27 November 2019 - 8:19 amPodcasts | Small Business
Today we have Single Touch Payroll expert, Jason Lucchese, on the podcast.
Jason is a seasoned public servant with more than 19 years of experience executing large-scale government programs including the introduction of SuperStream and Single Touch Payroll.
Currently ATO Assistant Commissioner and Single Touch Payroll Program Lead, Jason works closely with the employers, payroll service providers and intermediaries to support the introduction of STP.
We aim to clarify STP for you, and give you the most reliable information possible by taking it back to the STP basics.
Discussing why the ATO decided to bring the system in the first place helps us to understand the benefits for small businesses, and so far the feedback of the 70% or so of businesses that are signed up has been positive.
There are some fears amongst small employers that STP is perhaps difficult to use, however as Jason explains, it has been designed to actually make lives easier.
Throughout the podcast, we ask Jason how small business owners can get educated on STP, what options will suit them best and the fact that although the deadline has passed, there is still time to sign up.
As promised in the conversation, we have linked to the resources mentioned, that can help small business owners identify the steps they need to take below.
- Flow chart for small employers – ‘how am I going to report?’
- A list of no-cost or low-cost solutions (web-based, mobile apps etc.) that businesses can use for STP
- A ‘get ready’ check list and ‘start reporting’ check list
Furthermore, Jason mentions that the ATO have interviewed small businesses about using STP. Those case study videos are included below.
Video case studies
Spinn Business Solutions
- March 26 2020 How hospitality businesses can adapt to the coronavirus impact
- March 26 2020 Sole traders and the COVID-19 pandemic: The support available
- March 24 2020 Why does Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) matter for businesses?
- March 23 2020 Hospitality industry calls for Uber Eats to cut commissions