There have been plenty of reports regarding the latest Black Friday sales breaking shopping records… However, this is not at physical stores, it’s online purchasing that continues to rise. So, how can retailers boost their physical in-store visits? Smart in-store analytics are helping retailers better understand customer counts and dwell times at their bricks-and-mortar sites, so Read More…
Getting clear on STP and making it easy: ATO Assistant Commissioner, Jason Lucchese, explains all
Wed 27 November 2019 - 8:19 amPodcasts | Small Business
Today we have Single Touch Payroll expert, Jason Lucchese, on the podcast.
Jason is a seasoned public servant with more than 19 years of experience executing large-scale government programs including the introduction of SuperStream and Single Touch Payroll.
Currently ATO Assistant Commissioner and Single Touch Payroll Program Lead, Jason works closely with the employers, payroll service providers and intermediaries to support the introduction of STP.
We aim to clarify STP for you, and give you the most reliable information possible by taking it back to the STP basics.
Discussing why the ATO decided to bring the system in the first place helps us to understand the benefits for small businesses, and so far the feedback of the 70% or so of businesses that are signed up has been positive.
There are some fears amongst small employers that STP is perhaps difficult to use, however as Jason explains, it has been designed to actually make lives easier.
Throughout the podcast, we ask Jason how small business owners can get educated on STP, what options will suit them best and the fact that although the deadline has passed, there is still time to sign up.
As promised in the conversation, we have linked to the resources mentioned, that can help small business owners identify the steps they need to take below.
- Flow chart for small employers – ‘how am I going to report?’
- A list of no-cost or low-cost solutions (web-based, mobile apps etc.) that businesses can use for STP
- A ‘get ready’ check list and ‘start reporting’ check list
Furthermore, Jason mentions that the ATO have interviewed small businesses about using STP. Those case study videos are included below.
Video case studies
Spinn Business Solutions
- January 14 2020 Easy ways data may be leaving your organisation – without your knowledge
- January 7 2020 Why small businesses need to take control of their energy management
- December 16 2019 What are the keys to success in business?
- December 12 2019 No board, no worries: The secret advantages of small businesses