Rapidly evolving market conditions and economic challenges are forcing businesses to adapt more quickly, and automation may be key in achieving that. With Australian consumer spend down 20% per person, many businesses have had to quickly find ways to engage their customers while managing physical limitations. To maximise existing resources, business leaders need to channel Read More…
Why small-to-medium sized businesses should consider global cloud providers
Thu 6 June 2019 - 3:30 pmAdvice | Business Tech | Cloud | Small Business | Tech
By Lionel Legros, Asia-Pacific Director at OVH
We are living in an era of cloud adoption. A 2019 study on Australia’s cloud market reveals that cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) is growing considerably, with market spend expected to reach $1.3 billion by 2022.
Yet despite this growth and a growing awareness of the benefits of the cloud, providers still have work to do when it comes to communicating the advantages of the cloud for small-to-medium sized businesses (SMEs) specifically.
Introducing cloud infrastructures can be a daunting process for SMEs., as they’re often faced with greater business uncertainty and tighter budgets.
Therein lies one of the most compelling cases for cloud services for SMEs; access to first-grade technology at a transparent and flexible pricing structure.
The top 4 benefits of using cloud services for SMEs:
- Cloud services such as OVH take up the challenge of helping businesses control their data, innovate and develop new ideas in total freedom through a “smart” cloud. A Multi-local cloud, close to everyone all over the world.
- Having access to an open and interoperable cloud means SME customers can build their own tailor-made cloud, and deploy their infrastructures across a range of geographical zones in Europe, the US and the Asia-Pacific region.
- Security and protection against the growing sophistication of cyber criminals remains a top priority for businesses of all sizes in Australia, as the number of reported cyber breaches continues to climb. OVH supplies one of the highest performance anti-DDoS solutions on the market to provide around-the-clock protection of its customers’ services, regardless of the volume or duration of an attack.
- High-performance cloud infrastructures work to eliminate network disruptions and reduce latency. The OVH cloud is quick and easy to implement, which means reduced hassle and downtime for SMEs, when every hour of business operation is crucial.
- June 17 2020 Why properly securing your work-from-home staff requires ‘Zero Trust’
- May 29 2020 The double-digit growth of webinars for lead gen during COVID-19
- May 29 2020 Canva and Finder sign agreements to close gender gap in tech
- May 26 2020 How businesses can secure themselves in a post-COVID world