Flexible working is gaining a lot of attention in the media recently. You may have seen, for example, Microsoft Japan’s story on testing out flexibility with a four-day work week – where productivity was significantly boosted (by 40%) – or ideas of 6 hour work days that have been passed around. A lot of employers use flexible Read More…
Andrew Laurie, serial entrepreneur, reveals non-negotiable traits of business owners
Tue 19 November 2019 - 10:24 amFeatured | Podcasts
Today our podcast guest is Andrew Laurie, whose business expertise comes from a career as a salesperson, as a CEO, as an entrepreneur and as a business coach.
After a serious accident, Andrew set his life and business ambitions – literally from the hospital bed – and he has systematically ticked them off since then.
Andrew has fantastic insights and advice from his experiences that we delve into in the interview.
We go through:
- Where to start with setting your goals (tip: start with personal goals, and business goals will follow…)
- How to reverse engineer and know what steps will get you there
- The non-negotiable traits of a business owners (there’s two… and a half – in Andrew’s experience)
- Avoiding the impatience and frustration of founding and growing a business… how to keep a positive mindset and move forwards
- The biggest challenges facing business owners (there’s one that Andrew sees time and time again)
- How to overcome said challenges
- January 17 2020 “Eighty-nine per cent were negative”; How Adala Bolto defied her critics
- January 15 2020 Small business owners raise concerns about wage theft law
- January 13 2020 What does an Artificial Intelligence Specialist actually do?
- January 10 2020 From IT man to techpreneur: Kane Sajdak