Expanding internationally always has risks but developing a business during a global pandemic is not usually a central part of a risk management strategy. The global nature of the COVID-19 outbreak has given international businesses an unprecedented challenge, one that requires diversification and resilience. Here are a few ways you can mitigate the pandemic risk Read More…
Andrew Laurie, serial entrepreneur, reveals non-negotiable traits of business owners
Tue 19 November 2019 - 10:24 amFeatured | Podcasts
Today our podcast guest is Andrew Laurie, whose business expertise comes from a career as a salesperson, as a CEO, as an entrepreneur and as a business coach.
After a serious accident, Andrew set his life and business ambitions – literally from the hospital bed – and he has systematically ticked them off since then.
Andrew has fantastic insights and advice from his experiences that we delve into in the interview.
We go through:
- Where to start with setting your goals (tip: start with personal goals, and business goals will follow…)
- How to reverse engineer and know what steps will get you there
- The non-negotiable traits of a business owners (there’s two… and a half – in Andrew’s experience)
- Avoiding the impatience and frustration of founding and growing a business… how to keep a positive mindset and move forwards
- The biggest challenges facing business owners (there’s one that Andrew sees time and time again)
- How to overcome said challenges
- March 30 2020 Resilience as a leader and the importance of scalability
- March 27 2020 Let’s not repeat mistakes: Lender Lumi calls for partnership with big banks
- March 27 2020 Corporate meditation for uncertainty and stress, Luke McLeod’s approach
- March 26 2020 How hospitality businesses can adapt to the coronavirus impact