Every business owner should be building their own personal brand in addition to their business – because customers and clients connect with people, not products and services. Social media and branding expert Carissa Hill said a personal brand was important for business owners because increasingly customers want to know the people behind the company. “People Read More…
Andrew Laurie, serial entrepreneur, reveals non-negotiable traits of business owners
Tue 19 November 2019 - 10:24 amFeatured | Podcasts
Today our podcast guest is Andrew Laurie, whose business expertise comes from a career as a salesperson, as a CEO, as an entrepreneur and as a business coach.
After a serious accident, Andrew set his life and business ambitions – literally from the hospital bed – and he has systematically ticked them off since then.
Andrew has fantastic insights and advice from his experiences that we delve into in the interview.
We go through:
- Where to start with setting your goals (tip: start with personal goals, and business goals will follow…)
- How to reverse engineer and know what steps will get you there
- The non-negotiable traits of a business owners (there’s two… and a half – in Andrew’s experience)
- Avoiding the impatience and frustration of founding and growing a business… how to keep a positive mindset and move forwards
- The biggest challenges facing business owners (there’s one that Andrew sees time and time again)
- How to overcome said challenges
- February 14 2020 Brotherly ties bringing out the best in business: An entrepreneur pair
- February 12 2020 Let’s Talk: ‘Hire slow, fire fast’
- February 11 2020 Leading the change: Fender Katsalidis introduces equal parental leave
- February 7 2020 From bullying victim to founder of Bullyology: Jessica Hickman’s story