Seven Australian fintechs have been included in KPMG’s and H2 Ventures’s annual list of the world’s leading fintechs, selected alongside the world’s leading players, announced today by Fintech Innovators. Cross-border payment provider Airwallex is the highest ranked Australian firm at #32 on the Top 50 Established firms, having risen from #49 in 2018. It’s followed Read More…
Why small-to-medium sized businesses should consider global cloud providers
Thu 6 June 2019 - 3:30 pmAdvice | Business Tech | Cloud | Small Business | Tech
By Lionel Legros, Asia-Pacific Director at OVH
We are living in an era of cloud adoption. A 2019 study on Australia’s cloud market reveals that cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) is growing considerably, with market spend expected to reach $1.3 billion by 2022.
Yet despite this growth and a growing awareness of the benefits of the cloud, providers still have work to do when it comes to communicating the advantages of the cloud for small-to-medium sized businesses (SMEs) specifically.
Introducing cloud infrastructures can be a daunting process for SMEs., as they’re often faced with greater business uncertainty and tighter budgets.
Therein lies one of the most compelling cases for cloud services for SMEs; access to first-grade technology at a transparent and flexible pricing structure.
The top 4 benefits of using cloud services for SMEs:
- Cloud services such as OVH take up the challenge of helping businesses control their data, innovate and develop new ideas in total freedom through a “smart” cloud. A Multi-local cloud, close to everyone all over the world.
- Having access to an open and interoperable cloud means SME customers can build their own tailor-made cloud, and deploy their infrastructures across a range of geographical zones in Europe, the US and the Asia-Pacific region.
- Security and protection against the growing sophistication of cyber criminals remains a top priority for businesses of all sizes in Australia, as the number of reported cyber breaches continues to climb. OVH supplies one of the highest performance anti-DDoS solutions on the market to provide around-the-clock protection of its customers’ services, regardless of the volume or duration of an attack.
- High-performance cloud infrastructures work to eliminate network disruptions and reduce latency. The OVH cloud is quick and easy to implement, which means reduced hassle and downtime for SMEs, when every hour of business operation is crucial.
- November 1 2019 Want to boost business revenue? Then you best invest in tech, says new report
- October 28 2019 How IT professionals can “tech up” and beat their daily grind
- October 24 2019 Creating an app for your business
- October 24 2019 Majority of Aussie consumers will switch businesses due to ‘disconnected’ experience