XY Sense closes $AUD5m seed investment round to change the way businesses access and act on workplace data. Investment comes from leading Australian venture fund, Blackbird Ventures, staff and angel investors including; Danny Gorog (Former CEO of Outware), Sandy Kory (Angel investor in Canva, Palantir) and, Marc Alexander (CEO LIFX) among others, to support the Read More…
Why small-to-medium sized businesses should consider global cloud providers
Thu 6 June 2019 - 3:30 pmAdvice | Business Tech | Cloud | Small Business | Tech
By Lionel Legros, Asia-Pacific Director at OVH
We are living in an era of cloud adoption. A 2019 study on Australia’s cloud market reveals that cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) is growing considerably, with market spend expected to reach $1.3 billion by 2022.
Yet despite this growth and a growing awareness of the benefits of the cloud, providers still have work to do when it comes to communicating the advantages of the cloud for small-to-medium sized businesses (SMEs) specifically.
Introducing cloud infrastructures can be a daunting process for SMEs., as they’re often faced with greater business uncertainty and tighter budgets.
Therein lies one of the most compelling cases for cloud services for SMEs; access to first-grade technology at a transparent and flexible pricing structure.
The top 4 benefits of using cloud services for SMEs:
- Cloud services such as OVH take up the challenge of helping businesses control their data, innovate and develop new ideas in total freedom through a “smart” cloud. A Multi-local cloud, close to everyone all over the world.
- Having access to an open and interoperable cloud means SME customers can build their own tailor-made cloud, and deploy their infrastructures across a range of geographical zones in Europe, the US and the Asia-Pacific region.
- Security and protection against the growing sophistication of cyber criminals remains a top priority for businesses of all sizes in Australia, as the number of reported cyber breaches continues to climb. OVH supplies one of the highest performance anti-DDoS solutions on the market to provide around-the-clock protection of its customers’ services, regardless of the volume or duration of an attack.
- High-performance cloud infrastructures work to eliminate network disruptions and reduce latency. The OVH cloud is quick and easy to implement, which means reduced hassle and downtime for SMEs, when every hour of business operation is crucial.
- July 27 2020 Bring developers into the fold: Blending ‘business brains’ with ‘IT intelligence’
- July 23 2020 This Aussie tech company is championing personal safety
- July 8 2020 “Speed to market is critical:” A CEO’s steps for using tech to grow fast
- July 7 2020 “If you meet the digital needs of Gen Z, you meet the needs of the world”